Objectives and research lines
With the execution of this program, it is expected significant contributions to solve current problems of the Transport Systems and upgrades in the involved disciplines and multidisciplinary knowledge. Both contributions will improve the knowhow of the research group and will make possible to transfer these to the thirty five associated companies. This fact will increase the competitiveness of the companies and the program impact obtained because the transfer of the results to the society will be increased.
- Design and development of alternative powertrains and auxiliary power systems for vehicles.
- Development of advanced simulation tools for passenger safety evaluation.
- Technologies to improve collective urban and interurban transport of people: sustainability, accessibility, and safety.
- Autonomous driving: communications, cooperative services and infrastructure integration.
- Autonomous driving: sensor fusion and environment interpretation.
- Autonomous driving: positioning intelligent systems, navigation and immediate intention prediction.
- Evaluation of intelligent, occupant and street users protection systems effects on accidents and safety.
- UAV and UGV use on traffic control and management.
- Application of Virtual Reality (VR) technologies to improve vulnerable people safety and occupant safety.
- Illumination and watching intelligent systems applied to adverse weather conditions.